Search

Culinary Chronicles: Road through Culinary school, foods I like, recipes and more!

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Bruschetta, Brava!

     Hi all! It's Labor Day weekend, YAY!  I truly hope everyone has a great time.  I wanted to pop in before leaving for our cruise to the Bahamas, which I have been looking forward to for months.  By now most of you should "get" that I will be back to post here...eventually. (see what I did there, no apologies).
    
     Life is good my friends, the time I have taken to be "single" has been awesome!  I recommend it. I needed/ need it.  There's so much I have to do, there's just no room for one more thing.  Although, I have decided I will re-marry at some point, not now though.  See, ;that's a choice you can make in advance, without working on it right away. So here I am again, sitting in front of my laptop with the urge to share a pretty simple yet ambrosial recipe for Bruschetta, which won't take so much of your time and will satisfy all of your guests or just you...

         I'm afraid heat this year is unparalleled to all the previous years I've lived here and it doesn't agree with me.   I take solace in cooking, but with the sweltering heat who wants to spend a long period of time at the stove?  So I give you Bruschetta, a recipe which when prepared will only ask that you turn on the oven for ten minutes or so.  My good people have a wonderful weekend and enjoy!  I have to finish packing...


BRUSCHETTA

6 tomatoes any kind small/medium dice
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 fresh basil leaves
2 cloves of garlic
2 baguettes
salt tt
pepper tt


     Chop the tomatoes to small or medium dice, place in a bowl.  chiffonade the basil, which means roll up the basil leaves all together and cut top to bottom, this will leave you with thin strands of basil.  add them to the tomato.  mix olive oil and balsamic, salt and pepper until the taste is satisfying to you.  Add it to the tomato, basil.  Gently mix and let stand at room temperature until you have prepped the bread.  Slice the baguettes, place the sliced on a baking sheet or pan.  Heat at 350 until golden.  Remove from oven, let them cool a bit.  Rub each slice with garlic. Lightly stir the tomato mix again.  Get a pretty plate or serving tray, take a slice of bread pour the tomato mix on top and place on plate/tray etc...



     You're going to have a great time with this and many compliments, it is healthy, delicious and gratifying, mangia!!!!
PS: I used grape tomatoes , some are yellow/orangy colored.  For eye appeal.





     

No comments: